Job Location: Palmetto Bay, FL
Job ID 2017-1292
Dealership Land Rover South Dade
Category Skilled Labor-Trades
Land Rover South Dade is a division of the Warren Henry Auto
Group, Automotive News' Best Dealerships To Work For. If you
have the drive we have the career for you.
This position functions as a skilled technician who is able to perform diagnoses and repairs in all areas, in addition to being specialized in particular areas of repair.
- Receive repair orders from dispatcher and acquire keys to vehicle.
- Perform a thorough safety check and multi point inspection to determine if any additional service work is required.
- Record inspection findings into the MPI system and move flags to request parts pricing or consultant assistance.
- Check for any related service actions or bulletins.
- Test every battery.
- Diagnose cause of malfunctions and perform repairs.
- Communicate with the parts department for any needed parts.
- Return and attach parts, return receipt to the repair order for any warranty repairs.
- Place any customer requested saved parts into a plastic bag or box and place the items in the trunk of the customer's vehicle. Note the repair order that this task was completed.
- Turn in all removed parts to the parts department.
- Advise Service Consultant if repairs cannot be completed within time promised.
- Document a detailed description of the repair(s) performed to dealer and manufacturer standards.
- Road test vehicles as required. Notify shop foreman of any test drives that will take longer than 10 minutes.
- Verify that all repairs completed are correct and safe for vehicle return.
- Ensure the customer's vehicle is kept protected and clean during the repair process. Wipe down any dirt or grease before sending the vehicle to car wash.
- Keep stall area neat and keep floors free from spills or slippery fluids. Mop as needed.
- Follow all federal, state and local regulations for disposing of hazardous waste.
- Use safety equipment and follow all safety rules when handling fluids and using equipment.
- Maintain all Manufacturer certifications and keep continuing education up to date with dealer standards.
- Maintain Compli and complete assigned modules in a timely manner.
- Maintain a well groomed appearance and uniform while performing job duties or away at training.
- Conduct yourself in a suitable fashion when in uniform and off of the dealership premises. Your conduct will reflect the dealership directly and you must display a positive image for Warren Henry Auto Group.
- Maintain a pleasant working relationship with all dealership
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Core Value: Family-Employee is a team-player, and promoted cooperation, professionalism and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Core Value: Openness - Employee builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect.
- Core Value: Commitment - Employee shows hard work, commitment and dedication on the job and committed to influencing others to act in support of the company. Employee is committed to optimal performance. Employee adheres to being committed to following all company policies and adhered to all workplace safety and exercises care while on the job.
- Core Value: Integrity - Earns others trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions such as fellow co-workers and with customers.
- Core Value: Stability - Employee demonstrates steadfast loyalty and commitment to working consistently toward the common goals of the organization.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Valid Driver License.
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction and information.
- Ability to use a computer to search for bulletins or technical information.
- Ability to provide your own tools. (All manufacturer specific/special tools will be supplied by the dealer to share).
- ASE certification is preferred.
- Must supply your own OSHA approved footwear.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS KEY:
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward C
Reach Above Shoulder C
Squat or Kneel C
10 lbs or less C
11-20 lbs C
21-50 lbs C
51-100 lbs C
Over 100 lbs O
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs F
41-100 lbs F
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound - diagnostic equipment, tones, mechanics
• Sense of Touch
• Sense of Balancef
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - back brace, safety goggles, ear plugs, gloves, etc.
Summary of Benefits
In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer awesome benefits like these:
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Incentives
- Gap Insurance
- Short-term disability income protection (100% employer paid premium)
- Optional Long-term disability
- Life and Accident insurance (100% employer paid premium)
- Optional life buy-up, spousal and child coverages
- Supplemental insurance
- 401K retirement plan with employer contributions
- Legal service
- Lending service