See all jobs in Arlington VA
Job Location: Arlington, VA
ID (external): 2019-3386
# of Openings: 1
Stand Together builds mission-driven partnerships with individuals, companies, and foundations to drive change in education, communities, business, public policy, and politics that empowers people to improve their lives. To support this mission our Stand Together Development team is working to build a movement of principled business and philanthropic leaders who are focused on inspiring and equipping principled social-change entrepreneurs. Our team is accountable for maximizing the value of their contributions of time, talent, and resources to move us all closer to a society of mutual benefit by eliminating injustice of all kinds. Are you the Development Associate we're looking for? One who is committed to advancing our mission with energy and passion for enacting social change?
Stand Together's Development Team is looking for exceptionally organized self-starters to coordinate and support our work in a fast-paced environment. Development Associates play a critical role in helping us to succeed in equipping partners to engage in successful donor interactions and strategies.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Track action items, prepare the team and their collaborators for strategy and donor briefings, and coordinate meetings for the team with internal and external partners
- Collaborate with your regional fundraising teammates to drive projects and make sure they're done well and on time
- Help execute effective donor communications
- Ensure data integrity through capturing and tracking relevant donor information
- Help donor prospect recruitment by placing calls and helping send communications to prospective donor offices
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 1-3 years of experience in a professional environment
- Strong sense of curiosity and willingness to dedicate attention to detail
- A high degree of organization and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to our community's vision
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience in a fundraising environment
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
We are excited to announce that our philanthropic community will now be known as Stand Together - a name that defines who we are, what we do, and why. It's also a call to action: we invite anyone who shares our optimism for the future to stand together to help every person rise.
We work with: Nonprofit leaders at over 100 community-based groups. Over 700 of the country's most effective business leaders and philanthropists. Over 1,000 professors at 350 universities. Tens of thousands of K-12 teachers. And millions of grassroots activists in 35 states. We've united to move toward a society where people succeed by helping others so that everyone has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management ® (MBM ® ). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge, and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity, and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class. PM19