Location: Lawrence, Massachusetts, , United States
Position Title: Water Treatment Operator - Nights Lawrence, MA - $2,500 Sign On Bonus
Company Name: Woodard & Curran
Sector: Skilled Labor
At Woodard & Curran, we handle a wide range of water and environmental issues-solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That's how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
Woodard & Curran draws on the experience of hundreds of certified operators across the country, backed by the knowledge and skills of hundreds more engineers, scientists, and regulatory experts, to quickly tackle the most challenging operational issues and keep treatment plants running efficiently and in full compliance. Woodard & Curran also reimburses employees in earning, upgrading, and keeping their licenses and certifications within the industry.
What will you be doing at Woodard & Curran?
- Monitor water treatment plant processes and equipment both manually and via SCADA automation, making adjustments as necessary to control their operation.
- Monitor remote pump stations with inspections and daily sampling as required.
- Perform water quality sampling, testing, and analysis to determine compliance with federal, state, and EPA standards.
- Operate, maintain, control, and perform routine repair of plant equipment, including preventive maintenance duties. Establish, maintain and control flow through the water treatment process and into and within the distribution system.
- Utilize software programs for maintenance work orders and maintains all necessary records.
- Perform general maintenance duties of plant and other assigned duties.
Full-Time Days and extended shifts to meet the seasonal demands of the water system. Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of the position. Availability for standby duty and the ability to be "on-call," working evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Response to emergency events and alarm call-outs required as scheduled and required.
What will you need to succeed?
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Massachusetts Grade 3T preferred, 3T OIT accepted with ability to achieve Full status.
- Ability to make sound decisions in process control and follow instructions, as well as following safety procedures.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check, pre-placement physical and drug screen before employment.
- Valid MA driver's license with a good driving record.
Woodard & Curran offers a generous compensation and benefits package to include retirement, generous paid time off, holidays, medical & dental insurance, flexible spending account, career growth, and more!
- Competitive pay to commensurate with experience
- Sign-on bonus provided at $2,500.
- On-call stipend provided.
- Career advancement and license renewal costs reimbursed to employees.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug-Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.