See all jobs in Dallas TX
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Location: Dallas, Texas, , United States
Position Title: Senior Partner
Company Name: Holden Litigation
Min Education: Juris Doctorate
Growing Dallas office of a multi-state boutique defense litigation firm specializing in complex litigation has an opening for a senior partner.
Must be willing to work together as a team in a very active practice with various partners, associates, and paralegals.
Minimum 10 years' experience in Texas insurance defense required.
Experience in employment law, products liability, trucking/transportation, catastrophic injury, construction defect, premises liability, insurance coverage, and/or Stowers demands is a bonus.
- JD from accredited law school and license to practice in Texas.
- Heavy deposition experience and ability to first chair trials is required.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work within a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must have strong attention to detail, willingness to adhere to longstanding firm SOP's, experience in analyzing, reviewing, editing, and drafting legal documents as well as superior logical reasoning, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work with clients who demand excellence and be able to meet their expectations.
- Must have a stable work tenure. Must also have the necessary experience to immediately assume mature files.
- Manage litigation and case defense from start to finish.
- Take and defend depositions.
- Prepare and respond to discovery.
- Prepare and present witnesses. Attend hearings, mediations, settlement conferences, etc. Draft pleadings, motions, and briefs with the accompanying research expertise.
- Evaluate case strengths and weaknesses and be able to place valuation on the various claims.
- Prepare legal opinions for clients.
Firm offers a competitive salary, full benefits, paid parking, and bonus opportunities.
Portable business is a strong plus and affects bonuses.
Please forward resume with salary requirement and reference list.