See all jobs in Kittery ME
Job Location: Kittery, ME
Job ID: 2019-2060
# of Openings: 1
SJS Executives is currently looking for a highly experienced Construction Manager. Our ideal candidate must have a sound understanding of the overall supervision of construction operations. Also an understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to construction.
- Reviewing pre-final contract drawings and specifications (including technical RFPs) with respect to
constructability and compatibility with actual field conditions.
- Participating in pre-award contract meetings, such as Functional Analysis Concept Development (FACDs)
meetings and constructability reviews.
- Coordinating post-award contract meetings, such as post-award kickoff meetings (as applicable),
preconstruction conferences, (informal or formal) partnering meetings, schedule acceptance meeting,
design review meetings (as applicable), LEED coordination meetings (as applicable), Facility Turnover
Planning Meetings (NAVFAC Red Zone), and final inspections.
- Review of contractor administrative submittals such as: schedules, shop drawings, product data, samples, design data, manufacturer's instructions, test plans/reports, certificates, and O&M data in a timely manner
- Visit construction sites to monitor progress and solicit input from the Engineering Technician/Quality
Assurance (ET/QA) representatives, review CQC reports and attend QC meetings.
- Recommend necessary action to assure contractor's quality control program is provided in accordance with the contract requirements and that three phases of quality control are being utilized.
- Provide technical solutions to unforeseen problems during construction.
- Reviewing field changes that have no impact on function of the facility or scope, cost or schedule of the contract.
- Provide project status updates to senior Government personnel within the field office.
- Preparing property record inventory documents for Government Project Manager, DD1354 Transfer and Acceptance of Military Real Property and Disposal of DoN Real Property, in accordance with NAVFAC
Business Management System (BMS) and in coordination with Project Managers and Installation Real
Property Accountable Officer (RPAO).
- Completing required items to assist in effectively closing out a contract, including tracking receipt and
delivery of as-built drawings, O&M manuals/eOMSI and warranty documents for the Supported
Command/facility manager or local PWD, in accordance with NAVFAC BMS.
- Incumbent keeps the Government sponsor advised as to the status of projects, but the responsibility to plan
and carry out the assignment is accomplished independently.
- Identifying the need (and subsequent reason code) for a modification to scope, cost and/or schedule based
on collaboration with the construction contractor, Supported Command, designer and/or other entities.
- Supporting the issuance of requests for proposal.
- Ensuring funds are reserved for the modification.
• Support or coordinate the preparation of an independent government estimate (IGE), if the requirement exceeds the Simplified Acquisition Threshold amount
- Preparing or coordinating the preparation of sketches and drawings in support of negotiations and issuance
of the modification.
- Providing technical support for claims/disputes/terminations processing, negotiation and resolution.
- Reviewing and recommending approval of contractors' schedules of prices as the basis for payments and
- Providing recommendations for retainage and/or withholding, as required.
- Review and provide comment, for technical accuracy, statements of work and requests for proposals or
- Document and monitor the contractor's technical compliance and progress relative to assigned
- Shall notify the Contracting Officer immediately of any significant event or deficiency associated with
- Coordinate with acquisition to ensure no unauthorized acts are taken.
- Review construction contractor quarterly reports to the Contracting Officer documenting the contractor's
progress and identifying any problems/issues with the contractor's performance and recommending
possible notice or action to be taken by the Contracting Officer.
- Include any significant quality and performance failures in a report to the Contracting
Officer (such as adverse QA reports, non-compliance notices, deficiencies or delays).
- Document and report any known or perceived vulnerability to fraud associated with
- Document the completion of contract performance in their final report.
- Maintain a file to support the completion of requirements under FAR 1.604 and DFARS
- Review Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs)
- Ensure these are discussed by the construction contractor and their respective subcontractors prior to beginning each work activity or when a new work crew is to perform the work in accordance with the three phases of QC.
- Capable of tactfully and professionally communicating (orally and in writing) with our client
- Capable of engaging at multiple levels of authority to obtain decisive action from all affected parties, including the Construction Contractor (Contractor), Supported Commands, and other Agencies. The incumbent
- Understand that his/her recommendations will be stronglyconsidered in forming the basis for final action by field office leadership.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering and Technology, Architectuire, Construction Management and/or Engineering Technology
- 7+ years of experience
- Registered Professional Engineer - Preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Pass background check/drug screen
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US Citizenship required for most jobs.