See all jobs in Thornton CO
How to Apply:
Job Location: Thornton, CO
Job Type: Full-time
(RN) Emergency Room Nurse, ** GENEROUS RELOCATION BONUS and SIGN ON BONUS(Job Number:03192-62148)
Work Location:United States-Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
(RN) Emergency Room Nurse, ** GENEROUS RELOCATION BONUS and SIGN ON BONUS for Level 1 or Level 2 ED experience .
North Suburban Medical Center -
OUR EMERGENCY SERVICE LINES:
Moving to a Level 2 trauma center in of 2017
Top performer on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission each of the last
Joint Commission certification in Primary Stroke Care
Winner of Womens Choice Awards for best emergency room
Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Chest Pain Center accreditation
Pediatric ER staffed with Pediatric ER nurses and board certified pediatricians
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient`s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS Certification through the AHA
- TNCC and PALS Required upon start date
- Must have current one year ED experience as a Registered Nurse .
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply:
HCA Hospital Corporations of America