Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital provides the communities of southwest Las Vegas with emergency and pediatric emergency services, behavioral health inpatient and outpatient programs for ages 55 and older, an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, OB-GYN and diagnostic imaging and surgical services.Southern Hills Hospitals advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
The registered nurse is a registered professional nurse who participates as an active member of the Nursing Team on the assigned unit/department.The registered nurse assumes responsibility for coordinating safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective nursing care for patients assigned unit/department.Principle responsibilities include participating in strategic planning, service delivery, program development, evaluation and implementation, budget and resource management, cost control, contract compliance and quality improvement.In addition, the registered nurse supports patient safety initiatives and quality improvement activities.
The registered nurse may also work as a registered professional in the capacity of Charge RN in addition to being a clinical nurse providing care for patients for an assigned time.
The registered nurse maintains current competency with nursing skills required and demonstrates knowledge regarding Standards of Care and Standards of Practice in the assigned area.He/She demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth & development over life span, and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of patient status, and to interpret the data appropriately to identify patient requirements specific to the patients age.
The registered nurse remains calm in crisis and emergency situations, and directs staff members as appropriate.
The registered nurse maintains professional and effective working relationships with all members of the Health Care Team.
Education:Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or equivalent
Licensure:Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
Experience:Appropriate to patient population and level of care
Certifications:RN license, BLS, ACLS
- Must demonstrate the technical and professional knowledge of a registered nurse
- Must demonstrate communication and leadership skills
- Must demonstrate teamwork and team building skills
- Must comply with the provisions of the Nevada Nurse Practice Act for the practice of professional nursing particularly in area of specialization, delegation, and supervision
- Must possess age-appropriate care competencies and be able to modify care based on patients age and developmental status, including school-age through geriatric
- Must demonstrate compliance with hospital policies/procedures and protocols including but not limited to use of the chain of command for both clinical matters and job or employee-related matters in the work environment
- Must model customer service excellence/ demonstrate problem solving skills
- Must role model ethical, safe, fiscally responsible practices
- Must demonstrate skill in the management of resources, including human, supply, and equipment
- Must demonstrate health including physical and mental stamina