See all jobs in Thornton CO
How to Apply:
Job Location: Thornton, CO
Job Type: Full-time
(RN) Emergency Room Nurse, ** GENEROUS RELOCATION BONUS and SIGN ON BONUS for Level 1 or Level 2 ED experience .(Job Number:03192-61895)
Work Location:United States-Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
ER Nurse/Generous Relocation and Sign on Bonus for Emergency Room Nurse/ED Nurse/Registered Nurse /Emergency department Nurse/Emergency Services RN/
OUR EMERGENCY SERVICE LINES:
Moving to a Level 2 trauma center in January of 2016
Top performer on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission each of the last
Joint Commission certification in Primary Stroke Care
Winner of Womens Choice Awards for best emergency room
Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Chest Pain Center accreditation
Pediatric ER staffed with Pediatric ER nurses and board certified pediatricians
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THE NCMC TEAM?
Strong team work and family oriented
Closely connected to the EMS community which allows for more physician interactions with patients for ongoing learning experiences
Professional Development opportunities, including the Clinical Ladder program and up to $5,250 tuition reimbursement per year
Nursing Graduate Program
Utilize a paramedic model to support our nursing staff
Equipped for Pediatric emergencies with kid-sized medical equipment, board certified physicians and pediatric nurses
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient`s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Colorado. Current BCLS, ACLS, through the AHA . PALS, and TNCC. Proof of ENPC certification (Does not need to be maintained) preferred.
REQUIRED : 1 to 2 years current experience as a Registered Nurse in an Emergency Department .
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Demonstrates good organizational skills. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at NSMC. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
III. Degree of Supervision Required: Under supervision of / Director/ Designee.
IV. Orientation Period: 2 to 4 weeks depending on experience.
How to Apply:
HCA Hospital Corporations of America