Work Location:United States-Florida-Gainesville-North Florida Regional Medical Center
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, womens health and wound therapy, among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in four consecutive years, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and recognized by U.S.News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program in 2010.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day activities of the Accounting Department including, but not limited to:
- Preparing Account Reconciliations
- Prepares and enters journal entries to accurately record financial transactions.
- Performs Account Analysis and Variance Explanations for specific Income Statement Accounts when necessary.
- Assists with the bi-weekly processing of payroll.
- Assists with SOX audits and testing.
- Maintaining the Capital Equipment Database (FAS)
- Responsible for verifying Accounts Payable coding is correct and assists other departments with A/P processes.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts including documentation to support balances.
- Assist the Controller, Accounting Manager, and CFO with budgets, audits, and special projects as they arise.
Education: B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance required.
Experience: One year accounting experience preferred.
Analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
Strong organizational skills
Strong computer skills using MS Office products, i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply:
HCA Hospital Corporations of America