We are currently taking applications for a full-time Groundskeeper. Green Hills sits on a beautiful green 30-acre campus in a relaxed natural wooded setting minutes from Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa. Landscape features include a pond, natural prairie full of wildflowers, paved walking trails, a garden, and a therapeutic fountain.
Working in accordance with established policies and procedures and/or specific instructions from the Director of Facilities and Landscape/Lawn Care Team Leader, the Groundskeeper Level I is responsible for landscape maintenance and repairs of a broad scope to the grounds.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assure the grounds are well-groomed and free of trash, debris, and hazards.
- Assures walkways are clean and clear of hazards.
- Assists in the cultivation and care of shrubs, trees and flowers as directed by supervisor.
- Operate a variety of equipment with/without attachments including but not limited to mowers, tillers, post hole diggers, and snow plows.
- Assists, during winter months, with snow/ice removal efforts. Utilizing both power equipment, and manually.
- Completes work order requests within time frame assigned by supervisor.
- Assists with turf maintenance (mowing, edging, and trimming) as directed by supervisor.
- Accomplishes all work in the order of priority, set by supervisor. All work is to be performed in a professional manner, including high quality work practices, safety, neatness, thoroughness, follow-up, and clean-up.
- Maintains tools, supplies and equipment and makes minor repairs as directed by supervisor.
- Provide U.S. mail delivery to residents in winter months.
- Reliable and consistent attendance, in compliance with our policies, is required.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- During times of inclement weather, other duties may be performed at the option of the supervisor.
- Expected to work cooperatively with staff from all departments. Intense cooperation and strong team effort is necessary with co-workers in the department and in other departments to make the program work efficiently.
- Performs other work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Facilities.
Must be able to understand and follow instructions in English, communicate effectively and perform simple math.
Negative pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check required.
While resumes are appreciated, in order to be considered for current open positions, you must complete an application.