IT Systems Engineer
Foot Levelers, Inc.
Roanoke, VA 24012
Reports To: IT Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Foot Levelers has an opportunity for a talented IT Systems Engineer to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for second level support and troubleshooting IT issues. You will work closely with other technology professionals, to maintain our current infrastructure and implement new technology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage, maintain and implement IT infrastructure best practices.
Manage Microsoft Server platforms and technologies. (Hyper-V, Cluster Services, SQL Server, Windows Server 2008-2016)
Working knowledge of IT virtualization technologies. (XenServer, Hyper-V & Clustering services, VMWare, iSCSI Storage Pools)
Setting up and maintain server hardware according to best practices. (Dell iDrac, iSCSI cards, replacing drives)
Manage and maintain Active Directory, Group Policies, DHCP, DNS, SCCM, File and Print Servers.
Implement and maintain network security controls to mitigate security threats in accordance with HIPAA standards.
Document knowledgebase articles, standard operating procedures and maintain support tickets for existing issues.
Maintaining integrated cloud platforms (AWS, Barracuda, O365, Azure AD, Cloud PBX, etc.)
Maintain inventory of IT Infrastructure systems to include hardware and license inventory.
Provide tier 2 support for all IT related problems.
Assist in research and implementation of new initiatives for IT Projects.
BS or higher in Engineering required. Computer Engineering, IT or equivalent preferred, however, other engineer disciplines with relevant work experience may be acceptable.
5 or more years experience in with enterprise level information technology systems.
Thorough knowledge of network security best practices and implementation security controls.
MCSA and/or CCNA is desired, but not required.
This position will require the use of both hand and light power tools as well as large, complex machinery on a regular basis.
We know benefits are important to you. They are important to us too. That’s why we take care of our employees. From company-paid insurance to an on-site gym, our benefits are some of the best around.
The following list includes some of the many features of our total package – just a few of the great reasons to consider making Foot Levelers your next step.
• Healthcare plan: there’s no money out of your paychecks for your insurance, it’s 100 percent company paid! We also offer employee paid plans, including medical plans for family members, comprehensive dental, disability and life insurance coverage.
• 401(k) Savings Plan: helps you save money for your future.
• Profit Sharing: company helps you save money for your future based on the profit of
• Incentive Bonuses: from productivity or attendance bonuses to free lunches to celebrate a new record set, we reward the entire company for a job well done.
• On-Site Gym & FREE Personal Trainer: helps you feel great about yourself. Enjoy working with the trainer twice a week or use the gym any day!
• Flexible Schedules: allow you to work the hours that fit into your lifestyle.
• Employee Discounts: allow you and your family to experience any of our products.
• Holiday Gift: annual gift to help out during the holiday season.
• Fun: theme parties and company dress up days. In order to promote a healthy work environment and to reduce company and employee health care insurance costs for the benefit of all concerned, Foot Levelers will not hire anyone who is currently using nicotine products or who has done so in the 90 days prior to applying for employment.
In order to promote a safe and healthy work environment, Foot Levelers will not hire anyone who is currently using any form of illegal drug.
Pre-employment drug and nicotine screening is a condition of the offer of employment.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), the Company will not discriminate in hiring against an applicant with a disability if they are otherwise qualified to do the essential functions of the job applied for with or without accommodations, nor will we terminate any employee due to a disability as long as the individual can perform the essential functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodations.