Job Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
The Welder-Fitter is a highly skilled individual who has a broad knowledge and understanding of the Welder-Fitter trade using various techniques and working with different metals. The Welder-Fitter takes responsibility for individual products/projects assigned. Also assists in cost saving methods on individual projects and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor or VP of Manufacturing.
Weld to ASME Sec IV Specifications
Perform Various Fitting Work and Assembly
- Must be able to weld to ASME Sec IV specifications (flux core and gas metal arc) and related metal work
- According to layout and blueprints weld FEECO product using a variety of arc and gas welding equipment
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards
- Provide a great level of attention to detail to produce a product according to customer specifications
- Perform various fitting work to prepare product for welding.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Must be efficient and productive with time
- Capable of doing most fabricating functions of the company
- Assemble and Fit-up of FEECO products according to blueprint
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Checks fabrication and welding with drawings verifying proper dimensions and specifications.
- Verifies that the proper material was used to construct product.
- Inspects in-coming materials to ensure quality materials are used to customers standards and expectations.
- Inspect welding machines and equipment to ensure accuracy
- Inspects completed product against specifications ensuring all aspects of quality and accuracy have been met.
- Follows shop floor control procedures
- Follows all safety compliance procedures established by the company
- Always work safely using Personal Protection Equipment, such as safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, and other PPE as necessary to comply with safety standards policies.
- Verifies that proper lock-out/tag-out procedures and precautions have been taken prior to the any service being performed on a machine or piece of equipment.
- Attends safety meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Welding Certificate Degree from Technical School
- Minimum three years Shop experience in manufacturing environment
- Welding to ASME Sec IV Specifications (Flux core and gas metal arc) and related metal work
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and shop drawings
- Ability to operate forklift
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to us.
3913 Algoma Rd
Green Bay, WI 54311