The Welder-Fitter is a highly skilled individual who has a broad knowledge and understanding of the Welder-Fitter trade using various techniques and working with different metals. The Welder-Fitter takes responsibility for individual products/projects assigned. Also assists in cost saving methods on individual projects and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor or VP of Manufacturing.
Weld to ASME Sec IV Specifications
- Must be able to weld to ASME Sec IV specifications (flux core and gas metal arc) and related metal work
- According to layout and blueprints weld FEECO product using a variety of arc and gas welding equipment
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards
- Provide a great level of attention to detail to produce a product according to customer specifications
Perform Various Fitting Work and Assembly
- Perform various fitting work to prepare product for welding.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Must be efficient and productive with time
- Capable of doing most fabricating functions of the company
- Assemble and Fit-up of FEECO products according to blueprint
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Checks fabrication and welding with drawings verifying proper dimensions and specifications.
- Verifies that the proper material was used to construct product.
- Inspects in-coming materials to ensure quality materials are used to customers standards and expectations.
- Inspect welding machines and equipment to ensure accuracy
- Inspects completed product against specifications ensuring all aspects of quality and accuracy have been met.
- Follows shop floor control procedures
- Safety Compliance:
- Follows all safety compliance procedures established by the company
- Always work safely using Personal Protection Equipment, such as safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, and other PPE as necessary to comply with safety standards policies.
- Verifies that proper lock-out/tag-out procedures and precautions have been taken prior to the any service being performed on a machine or piece of equipment.
- Attends safety meetings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Welding Certificate Degree from Technical School
- Minimum three years Shop experience in manufacturing environment
- Welding to ASME Sec IV Specifications (Flux core and gas metal arc) and related metal work
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and shop drawings
- Ability to operate forklift
How to Apply:
Please apply online:
3913 Algoma Rd
Green Bay, WI 54311