Ferrum College seeks qualified, highly motivated candidates for the position of eSports Coach. This new position will assume responsibility for developing and marketing the Ferrum College eSports program, including program planning, recruiting and coaching student participants, arranging and coordinating practices and matches, and interacting with other eSports coaches who oversee similar programs at other institutions. This position will oversee the program budget and monitor expenses, attend workshops, conferences, and meetings with other eSports coaches.
- Completed bachelor’s degree and prior experience in an eSports program
- Ability to develop and market a new program initiative
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organization, and follow-up
- Knowledge of eSports rules and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to establish rapport with students, parents, faculty, and staff
- Completed bachelor’s degree in a closely related field
- Prior competitive eSports strongly preferred
- Prior eSports coaching experience strongly preferred
- Current player ranking in selected gaming titles
- Knowledge of relevant strategies, play patterns, and the dynamics of competitive play
- Broader knowledge of online multiplayer games and technologies
To be considered for this position, please submit a letter of application, and resume: by mail to the Director of Human Resources, P.O. Box 1000, Ferrum, VA, 24088, OR by email to
Ferrum College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume to
P.O. Box 1000
Ferrum, VA 24088
Ferrum College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.