Serves in a customer focused role that provides initial, responsive support to employees and leaders; the face of the HR department that handles inquiries and guides employees seeking HR transactional support. Responsible for the effective, consistent coordination and implementation of Human Resources business processes, procedures and administration of benefits and payroll functions, while ensuring legal compliance as it relates to benefits, payroll and HR related functions. Responsible for ensuring professional administrative support with the ability to communicate to multiple levels of leadership and utilize resources and tools effectively to complete assigned tasks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Implement HR programs/initiatives within the organization as directed by the HR Manager.
- Process a wide variety of payroll information including direct deposits, W-4s, garnishments and tax levies, retirement contributions, benefits and other deductions to ensure that payroll related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies with assistance from Envision, Inc.
- Manage required HR record keeping including personnel files, government filings, and other essential employee record retention requirements.
- Provides training for employees, supervisors & managers on HRMS/Timekeeping systems.
- Assist vendor with preparation, communication, and implementation of Affirmative Action Plan by providing analysis and insight into the quantitative/statistical analysis and data relationships within the plan.
- Participate in year-end processing of W-2 wage and tax statements.
- Prepare for and assist external regulatory auditors by providing supporting documentation and information on internal departmental processes.
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting diverse talent in partnership with Envision, Inc.
- Partner with management to become an integral part of the hiring process and maximize effectiveness of talent management.
- Assist in acclimating new and prospective employees to the organization while facilitating the entire on-boarding processes.
- Responsible for new hire paperwork and ensuring all employment requirements have been meet.
- Responsible for entering, updating and maintaining accurate employee information in HRMS system.
- Compiling and mining HR analytical data from HRMS reporting tool.
- Provide resources and/or serve as a liaison for B/VI and/or disabled employees.
- Provide oversight for benefits enrollment and communications as it relates to annual open enrollment.
- Develop, implement and assist with facilitating employee events, service awards or other special projects by clarifying project objectives, setting schedules, conducting research and organizing information for execution.
- Assist with providing research for policies, training, strategic planning, and other human resource initiatives.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience in lieu of degree; High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; non-profit experience preferred.
Experience: Proven experience as an HR Generalist or relevant human resources position.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to service, organization values, confidentiality and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Strong ability to work with all levels of employees, to include Executive Leadership.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills.
- Ability to initiate process improvements and manage multiple tasks.
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy to ensure data integrity.
- High level of proficiency in HRMS solutions, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Paycom a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to:
- Work well under pressure with a sense of urgency, when appropriate.
- Work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment within a Corporate driven structure.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Maintain a high-level of confidentiality.
Licenses/Certifications: PHR preferred
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
X Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer