Provide home-based services to visually impaired and blind children within the community who are unable to attend the Early Childhood and Development Center (ECDC). Will perform various duties throughout ECDC as needed, including but not limited to, assisting in the transportation of children to the center and duties in the office, classroom and kitchen. In addition, this position requires the ability to provide support in the event of the Directors absence in order to maintain high standards of care.
- Provide home-based educational services by following home-based curriculum, maintaining a portfolio for each child that includes all required documentation, recording observations, and personalized goals and objectives for each child.
- Develop and foster positive and productive relationships with families by delivering messages, sharing newsletters and center information and other items to and from family members. Encourage family members to participate in center activities and educate about center services.
- Conduct assessments twice a year and share the results with family members.
- Provide transportation utilizing the school vehicle for daily scheduled routes and trips while maintaining a safe environment by operating vehicle in such a way that all regulations and laws are followed:
- Transport children in approved safety restraint systems during entire route.
- Follow proper protocol in the event of an accident or mechanical problem, ensuring the safety of children at all times.
- Follow proper protocol for receiving children on vehicle: ensure that children appear to be healthy, follow safe loading and unloading procedures and ensure that children are released to the designated individual(s).
- Develop and follow efficient and safe written transportation routes ensuring that no child is in the vehicle for more than one hour at a time and that no child is left alone in the vehicle without adult supervision.
- Before operating vehicle, ensure that proper protocol is followed:
- Conduct daily pre-trip inspection, complete appropriate paperwork, and ensure that communication device(s) is in proper working order. Report any concerns to management.
- Ensure vehicle has sufficient fuel.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle: sweep vehicle weekly, pick up trash daily, and mop floors as needed.
- Routinely inventory vehicle emergency and first aid supplies and equipment. Report any needed items to management.
- Oversee ECDC daily operations, compliance requirements and scheduling of staff in the absence of the Director.
- Assist with coverage in the office, classroom and kitchen as needed in order to comply with KDHE regulations.
- Model positive and effective adult/child behaviors (e.g. classroom, with parents, etc.) in all activities which leads to the emotional, intellectual and social development of children.
- Assist Enrollment Coordinator when warranted.
- Report any observances of problems with children to the Director of ECDC.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field, preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience implementing early childhood education curriculum.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age and maintain a current valid state drivers license and a driving record that is in good standing.
- Working knowledge and understanding of early childhood development and education required.
- Must have understanding of Special Education with an emphasis on Visual Impairment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Sincere desire to help children learn, grow and gain new skills.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with parents and include them in their childs learning process.
- Above average attention to detail and follow up with demonstrated ability to schedule and keep appointments.
- Self-motivated as well as able to work independently with periodic consultation/direction.
- KDHE Program Director license required.
- Must maintain a current Child Development Associate (CDA) certification.
- Must maintain a current First Aid certification.
- Must maintain a current CPR certification.
- Current drivers license and driving record in good standing required.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
_X_ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer