Responsible for assisting the store manager in the daily operation of an Envision Base Service Store located on military bases. Assist in the supervision of staff, and scheduling appropriate coverage of staff during store hours. Ensure that staff provides exceptional customer support and effective and efficient retail operations and sound business practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Assist Store Manager with maintaining employees work schedules to ensure the store is properly staffed during all scheduled store hours.
- Assist in the management of 2 to 10 employees.
- Assist in the preparation of daily sales accounting and reconciliation.
- Responsible for assisting in the security of store assets, inventory and cash.
- Responsible for assisting the Store Manager in maintaining exceptional quality and customer service standards.
- Assist in training of new employees, identify and conduct training for all employees as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Perform outside sales calls on local businesses. Ensure store appearance is maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Promote Ability One sales.
- Assist Store Manager in coordinating with the BSC Director of Retail Operations on promotions and special sales events. Look for opportunities to promote the store.
- Develop and coordinate effective merchandising efforts.
- Assist Store Manager with the implementation and adherence of legal compliance and all Envision policies and procedures.
- Responsible for actively maintaining employee morale.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned by the store manager and/or regional manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (List as required or preferred)
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required; some college coursework in business preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years of retail experience and/or training and demonstrated managerial skills required; merchandising and marketing experience a plus.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications.
- Proficient knowledge of customer service principles, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality service standards, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to project a professional image to the public.
- Must possess organizational and mathematical skills.
- Ability to coordinate and direct a variety of administrative activities.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet operational deadlines.
- Ability to plan, assign, supervise and evaluate personnel.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to actively support the mission of Envision.
- Current drivers license and driving record in good standing as applicable.
- Ability to successfully complete required DOT drivers certification and successfully complete DOT physical and drug screen, per DOT regulations, as applicable.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 2 to 10
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
X Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer