The Accessibility/Usability Tester II (A/U) will execute contract obligations and deliverables as it relates to A/U testing and accessibility programming within the Workforce Innovation Center. The A/U Tester will be responsible for the timely definition and execution of technical, web, software and hardware solutions that create value and support client needs and pursuits. This position will play a vital role in building an A/U technical deck that both benefits clients and supports work flow and process oriented program development to achieve the blind and visually impaired employment and training goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Test case development (work and process flow)
- Automated test case execution utilizing approved software systems (web WCAG 2.1, application, software, hardware, device)
- Manual test case execution (web, application, software, hardware, device)
- Execute and evaluate test case scenarios by both sighted and BVI testers
- Identification and recording of A/U deficiencies
- Development and delivery of test case reporting (points for remediation)
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; some college coursework preferred.
- Bachelors degree Web Development, Computer Science or related technical field preferred
- One to three years relevant communication, technical or development experience to support programs.
- Proven working experience providing written, technical, development or operational support to project teams.
- Excellent communication skills, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to develop and monitor projects, work plans and other reporting instruments.
- Strong computer skills including adaptive technology skills in Braille, speech and large print
- Ability to manage and execute multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work well in team environment and under tight deadlines.
- AT courses and certification preferred
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer