Maintains quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products and recording quality results.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Attention-to-detail of small parts produced from the various departments to help eliminate issues that could arise during the assembly process.
- Need to use special methods, techniques and industry standard practices for the inspection of the department components that will be produced, such as using rulers, Calipers, magnifiers, and if need be, using jigs created to accurately determine pass/fail conditions working with Acceptable Quality Levels` (AQL) to determine the best sampling rate for part inspections.
- Ensure rejected material is processed and appropriately segregated from good products.
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests as well as rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work and confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizing re-work and waste and inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are being done in the various departments.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Ensure receiving inspection processes are followed
- Participate in ISO Internal Audits as scheduled
- Implement root cause analysis and corrective actions to correct quality issues.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Management to resolve quality related issues
- Participate in the evaluation and analysis of supplier performance and provide written reports and ratings as scheduled.
- Participate in supplier audits as required
- Develop training protocols as required and ensure all quality team members are cross-trained in their specific duties
- Assist in the development of quality procedures
- Read and interpret blueprint and product specifications
- Assist in the development of quality plans for new production development items
- Ensure measurement tools are properly calibrated
- Refer questionable issues to the Director of Quality, EHS & Support Svcs. and assist with solution implementation
- Flexible to perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS-JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: Minimum 1-year or more experience in a production environment preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is a plus.
- Possess a good work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions and duties as assigned, while working with all DLB employees as a team.
- Good manual dexterity is required and some lifting will be needed.
- Reading comprehension skills to understand written instructions, manuals, and work orders.
- Mathematical skill to perform basic calculations.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and even-tempered.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Requires a sighted individual or a high in sight person that can determine color differences, dimensional differences and molding inconsistencies and imperfections between various parts.
- Understanding the ISO 9001 inspection standard or equivalent is a plus. This will also be helpful for determining and recording Root-cause, Preventative and Corrective Actions and working with the team to resolve these issues that may come up during production.
- Should be able to read/write the English language.
- Inspector should have some computer skills with the ability to see/read/manipulate a computer screen to help monitor the machine activity.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0_
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0_
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
__ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or products, documentation, or facilities.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
__ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer