Responsible for managing and operating the mail centers assigned. Services include but, are not limited to; accurate pick-up, receipt, sorting, delivering and placing mail in appropriate mailboxes for customer retrieval of internal mail, United States Postal Service (USPS) mail and other related mail items from commercial couriers and carriers (i.e. Federal Express (FEDEX) United Parcel Service (UPS) and other sources).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Receives mail coming into the organization or from the post office per mailroom procedures and requirements.
- Record the date-of-receipt, name of the sender and location of the receiver.
- Sort the mail or packages according to locations or departments
- Weigh each piece of mail or package and append the appropriate amount of postage.
- Deliver mail to departments and to individuals within the organization and collect mail to be sent out from them per mailroom requirements.
- Ensure that mailroom never runs short of materials required for posting mail such as postage stamps, envelopes and markers.
- Maintain a good relationship with courier agencies to ensure that they are readily available when the need for their services arises.
- Answer customers questions related to postage rates, safety and duration of delivery.
- May be responsible for procuring materials used by the mailroom.
- Ensure that the mailroom and surroundings are always neat.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality in handling mail.
- Monitor the movement of mail sent outside the organizations.
- Assist in training newly employed mail clerks.
- Float to other mailroom facilities as needed for mailroom coverage.
- Report daily mailroom activities to proper recipients.
- Maintain security procedures per mailroom requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS-JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Exceptional communication skill is of utmost importance. Should be able to listen attentively to customers/senders to avoid unnecessary errors in posting of mails.
- To be good at counting and recording. Basic math skill is necessary.
- Must be very fast at sorting mails.
- Good organizational skills is required.
- Must be able to meet deadlines with regards to posting or dissemination of mails and packages.
- Must pass drug test and background checks before employment.
- Proficient knowledge in mailroom equipment, UPS, FedEx, USPS programs and equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a plus.
- Familiar with disability-related issues, services/resources, accommodations a plus
- Possess a good work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions and duties as assigned, while working with all DLB employees as a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and even-tempered.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Licenses/Certifications: Must maintain a current background security check.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
__ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
__ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer