The Senior Director of WIC Operations and Administration will have overall accountability for the development and execution of the strategic plan for the Workforce Innovation Center. The Senior Director will provide leadership and direction for the organizations employment and training initiatives, program development, call center operations and implementation in support of our mission by growing employment opportunities for people who are blind and visually impaired. In addition, the role will provide management and governance of workforce development protocols, policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Leadership and Management Identify, hire, train and lead a disparate and technically diverse workforce while maintaining a consistent stream of communication, action and approvals within a matrix reporting structure. Manages contracts, WIC charter and quality improvement process.
- Political and Legislative Represents the WIC to federal, state and city policy makers. Monitors the political climate as it relates to provisions and legislation surrounding the training and employment of people who are blind and/or visually impaired (i.e. Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act, Federal and State Vocational Rehabilitation, Employment & Career Placement).
- Systems and Technology Management of accessible technology processes and systems, workflows and various related projects to include management of call center workforce. Responsible for the development and implementation of a process that supports the creation of jobs in the area of technology for people who are blind and/or visually impaired.
- Resource Development and Communications identify and establish internal and external resources that will enhance the Companys ability to execute on division initiatives, and communicate at a high level to meet executive demands.
- Planning and Business Development Identify, cultivate, assimilate and establish new partnerships and collaborations for the purposes of training, certification, funding (revenue) and job development. Leads workforce development planning initiatives consistent with the mission and strategic plan. Organizes outreach efforts to ensure sustainability of programs and funding for WIC.
- Financial Management and Fiscal Compliance responsible for the overall budget and funding process for the WIC. Ensure the financial viability of the company is managed and reported monthly. Provide direct leadership to staff and volunteers of the WIC to ensure cascading and alignment of goals.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor degree in education, business or related public administration required.
- Masters in Public Administration, or related field preferred.
- Five plus years of workforce development experience including administration of training programs and supervisory experience in workforce development
- Five years experience with not for profit entities
- Proven experience in working with remote teams with like and disparate functions and tasks within unique and diverse geographies.
- Strong marketing, public relations and resource development experience with proven ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Prior experience in a call center environment a plus.
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills with the ability to bring together collaborative groups.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coach and develop high performance teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive project management skills with an ability to prioritize objectives to meet critical timelines
- Team player who leads by example, motivates others to work collaboratively and is accountable for their actions
- Strong in attention to detail and timely delivery
- Action oriented who possesses an innovative approach to business planning and execution
- Travel required (up to 30%)
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _4___
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __7_
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X _ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer