The Finance Intern will learn about the Non Profit industry and gain exposure to many different facets of Finance. The Finance Intern will have the challenging opportunity to acquire the steps needed to effectively problem-solve in the workplace while achieving formal solutions to various Finance projects. Additionally, the Finance Intern will provide administrative support in the overall Finance function. In this position, the Finance Intern will combine business-focused, on-the-job experience with professional development activities in a professional setting in order to gain a better understanding of the Non Profit Finance role.
This is a 25 hour per week position, expected to last two months (June 2019 - July 2019). The internship is a paid position located at our Wichita, Kansas headquarters.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Develop and create a project plan in order to standardize the scanning, invoicing and reconciliation methods
- Research and recommend scanning, invoicing and reconciliation best practices
- Initiate and implement standardized scanning, invoicing and reconciliation procedures
- Participate in additional Finance departmental meetings
- Participate in Leadership monthly meetings
- Participate in Employee Advisory Group monthly meetings
- Participate in Mentorship meetings
- Participate in Performance measure evaluations
- Conduct a final internship presentation
- Provide support to the Finance department in administering Finance functions as needed
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Finance or related field required
- Minimum two years professional workplace experience required
- Previous Finance professional workplace experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven level of accuracy and ability to handle confidential information
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish projects
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills
- Ability to take initiative to complete projects, tasks and assignments
- Must provide verification of legal blindness or visual impairment
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0___
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0___
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer