Perform a wide variety of housekeeping duties in order to maintain a clean and safe environment for Envision employees and visitors. Follow established daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules including but not limited to, the restrooms, office areas, storage areas, conference rooms, hallways, kitchen/breakroom and entrances.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Empty trash containers and recycling bins. Dispose of waste materials in accordance with established procedures.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect restrooms. Keep all restrooms stocked with supplies (toilet paper, hand towels, soap, etc.) per established schedule.
- As scheduled:
- Vacuum and spot clean carpets.
- Sweep or mop hallways and floors.
- Clean, dust and wipe common areas, including stairwells, baseboards, etc.
- Keep counter areas, tables and floor in kitchen/breakroom clean and free of obstacles. Fill supplies as needed.
- Remove trash from around machines and deposit in appropriate containers.
- Report the following to the Maintenance Supervisor:
- The need for cleaning supplies or equipment repair in advance.
- Water leaks and other maintenance needs.
- All other health and safety hazards noticed.
- Respond to service requests, coordinate resources and implement the set up and take down of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of facility and community events.
- Use and maintain a wide variety of janitorial equipment and supplies.
- Communicate with other staff concerning safe operation and performance of equipment and proper use of chemicals.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience: At least 6 months 1 year of previous custodial/housekeeping experience required.
- Self-motivated with ability to follow directions as well as ability
to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize while maintaining attention to detail.
- Possess a good work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions and duties as assigned, while working with all Envision employees as a team.
- Knowledge of standard janitorial procedures, products, techniques and equipment.
- Concern for own safety performance and in maintaining a safe work environment for others.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, working with a diverse population.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
X Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer