Secure outright gifts and/or pledges from assigned donors. This will include the identification, cultivation, solicitation, retention and stewardship of Envision donors, and the coordination of the grants program. This position will represent Envision at community events, developing and maintaining relationships with donors and community leaders in order to increase the financial capacity of Envision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Broaden the base of donors and secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and execute individual stewardship plans for donors, including preparation and submission of all required proposals and reports.
- Ensure donor-related communications are timely and accurate in order to promote the goals and mission of Envision. This includes any assigned donor concerns, requests, and gifts.
- Write, prepare and present major gift proposals.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of F&MS and the Development Team in the planning and execution of Envision major donor cultivation activities.
- Utilize cultivation activities in order to enhance ongoing donor relations.
- Work with database administrator to identify prospects for major gift solicitations.
- Collaborate with grant writer, Sr. Director of F&MS and the Development Team to research, identify and cultivate new grant prospects for the organization; monitor for appropriate federal, private and corporate grant opportunities. Evaluate grant opportunities based on funding potential and fit with Envisions mission.
- Manage the grants calendar: monitor submission deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Maintain the grants library: program budgets, templates, stories, information and promotional materials required for grant submission.
- Collaborate with grant writer, Sr. Director of F&MS and the Development Team to prepare grant proposals and reports.
- Record donor interactions in donor management software.
- Attend community events as an Envision representative in order to develop and maintain relationships with community leaders and donors to increase the financial capacity of Envision.
- Collaborate with Development team members as needed to write copy for letters, collateral material, reports and other items as necessary.
- Assist with Envision fundraising events, third party events and other projects throughout the year.
- Engage and build relationships with community leaders and organizations to foster sponsorships for Envision events
- Mange and/or collaborate on various initiatives with the Development team to include: Employee Giving Program, Envision Society Manager and GEM Society Manager
- Participate in planning yearly calendar of cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition activities for donors.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelors degree in Business, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field required.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience as a development professional with ability to demonstrate consistent success with direct donor solicitation preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to:
- Work independently, conceptualizing and executing projects.
- Interact effectively with employees at all levels as well as the general public.
- Work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Handle sensitive or confidential communications or public relations issues in a professional manner.
- Must be available for evening and weekend events, as needed.
- Must possess superior project management skills with the ability to coordinate activities and communications with various stakeholders and tasks in order to deliver high-quality results in a timely manner.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer