Responsible for providing the orderly processing and payment of company purchases while maintaining associated systems of internal control. Proposes weekly vendor payment detail and ensures timely issuance of checks and remittance advice. Ensures timely and accurate accruals for expenses. Performs ad hoc special projects and other accounting duties as assigned.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Maintain the accounts payable system, including preparation of invoices for payment, review of coding and authorization, and matching of supporting documentation.
- Monitor vendor invoices for cash discounts and timely processing.
- Interface payable information from ancillary electronic systems into accounting system.
- Route vouched invoices for department managers approval.
- Print checks and route for timely mailing.
- Maintain reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Maintain filing system of vendor paid invoices and audit trail reports/journals.
- Reconcile vendor accounts and resolve discrepancies as they arise.
- Ensure accurate GL account postings of vendor invoices entered by non-accounting personnel.
- Cross train with other department functions such as cash management, accounts receivable, etc. to provide back-up and support when necessary.
- Prepare year-end work papers and reconcile accounts as directed.
- Assist auditors during annual audit by providing work papers and explaining department procedures.
- Prepare analysis of financial information as directed.
- Prepare journal entries in areas of responsibility as directed.
- Sort, classify, and code entries and transactions in accordance with established departmental procedures and verbal instructions.
- Respond to a variety of departmental and public requests for information in person, by phone, by electronic communication, or by mail.
- Assist in developing procedures and reporting formats to establish or improve specific accounting processes.
- Stay abreast of changes, current practices and developments in professional accounting.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelors degree in business administration preferred, accounting or related field. Associates Degree or equivalent required.
Experience: A minimum of six years of accounts payables experience required; not-for-profit experience preferred. Experience with large ERP system (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, SAP, Oracle, etc.) required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; spreadsheet design required.
- Considerable knowledge of double-entry accounting principles and practices. General knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing practices.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to handle confidential material required.
- Organizational and communication skills as required to deal directly with senior management, our customers, and vendors.
- Ability to exercise individual initiative and discretion in confidential matters.
- Ability to understand, interpret and efficiently carry out complex oral and written instructions, work independently from general instructions and broad work expectations, develop procedures for work activities, and carry work through to completion using own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment with constant interruptions, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer