Provide multi-disciplinary continuing education opportunities for the general public, community groups and organizations. Identify, plan, develop and execute community education outreach activities to strategic health care professionals as well as the general public. Participate in developing the strategic framework for public education and outreach activities that provide the foundation for communicating the Envision mission that results in referrals to the EVRC, ECDC, PRIDE, BVI Workforce Innovation Center and program participants.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Develop and implement a public education platform for Envision that includes strategies for early intervention education and senior care.
- Collaborate with local and national organizations to implement the public platform strategies of Envision.
- Develop and execute an outreach plan with specific efforts to generate referrals to EVRC, ECDC, PRIDE and the BVI Workforce Innovation Center.
- Develop and execute a volunteer recruitment plan in order to build a pipeline of volunteers for development and program activities.
- Represent Envision at outreach events by communicating Envisions mission and the services that we offer to community groups, long term care facilities, school groups, community activities and other public events Envision may participate in or sponsor.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with vision professionals, community groups and vision resources in the community and state.
- Attend networking events including trade shows and conferences with acceptable ROI in order to promote the Envision mission and make Envision known as the resource for education on blindness and low vision.
- Support and facilitate tours of Envision by actively scheduling partners and contacts of Envision in an effort to educate them on the mission and different areas of the organization.
- Support the development of curriculum improvement plans as required.
- Facilitate and maintain a relationship with AIF (American India Foundation) including the AIF delegates and manage their annual visit to Envision.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelors degree in Health Care Administration, Public Health, nursing or other related field required; Masters degree in health care, education, science or related field (education, learning, evaluation, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in communications, public speaking and presentation management.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering successful outreach activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment with ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to effectively interact with health care professionals, establishing and maintaining productive relationships while representing the mission of Envision.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking, and have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collegially with a diverse professional population.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer