POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for the effective, consistent coordination and implementation of Human Resources business processes, procedures and administration of all benefits/payroll functions, while ensuring legal compliance as it relates to benefits, payroll and HR related functions for the Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
HR Related Functions:
- Provide leadership in coordinating the day to day activities of the Human Resources department and ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and ensuring that all the Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) are set up in appropriately.
- Participates in human resources strategy development and execution, aligning daily operations, HR technology, and analytics with Envision`s strategic direction.
- Manage required HR record keeping including personnel files, government filings, and other essential employee record retention requirements.
- Provides training for employees, supervisors & managers on HRIS/Timekeeping systems.
- Prepares accurately and files timely EEO-1 and VETS 4212 reports for DLB.
- Responsible for coordinating audits related to benefits and human resources on behalf of DLB.
- Assist vendor with preparation, communication, and implementation of Affirmative Action Plan by providing analysis and insight into the quantitative/statistical analysis and data relationships within the plan.
- Keeps abreast of all Employment Law related to Benefits and general HR matters.
- Administer benefits programs including but not limited to Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life / LTD /AD&D, Flex Spending, COBRA and ensure regulatory compliance and alignment with Corporate structure
- Answers employee questions concerning benefits and retirement; refers to various resources for information as needed.
- Manage annual open enrollment process in partnership with Envision HR.
- Prepare materials and act as point of contact for benefit audits, while maintaining ACA compliance on behalf of DLB.
- Partner with Envision HR to ensure accuracy of payroll and timekeeping functions.
- Assist with management of complex workers compensation claims by working closely with workers compensation claims adjusters, Safety Director, third party administrators, and Insurance Broker.
- Partners with Envision HR Team and Chief Human Resources Officer to manage EEOC claims and lawsuits. Stays abreast of current local, state and federal legislative changes and changes in employment laws, so as to administer effectively.
- Partner with Envision Employment Team to develop and execute recruiting, workforce development and upward mobility plans that support business needs on behalf of DLB.
- Partner with hiring managers to establish rapport and understand their staffing, training and business needs and priorities.
- Monitor National Industries for the Blind 75% ratio of direct labor for Dallas Lighthouse for the Blind labor.
- Partner with Envision Employment Team to ensure position openings are posted on Envision website, internal bulletin board and other appropriate venues, i.e., job boards, veteran/military transition websites, newspapers, and professional organizations; monitor value and effectiveness of posting sites, in addition to maintaining requirements for AAP.
- Provide team members weekly reports with recruiting and upward mobility status updates, in addition to Employment and/or Workforce Planning initiatives for DLB.
- Provide oversight for reduction in force planning.
- Provide oversight for general HR communications to employees, such as annual merit increases, holidays, pay dates, employee events, etc.
- Advise leaders on performance counseling and disciplinary procedures, consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; process and facilitate all unemployment claims.
- Ensure reasonable accommodations and assistive technology efforts meet the needs of employees and are handled on a timely basis.
- Administer FMLA on behalf of DLB.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision to assigned HR team members at DLB.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years prior experience in a Human Resources, specific to Benefits/Payroll and HRMS systems.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to service, organizational values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as previous experience with HRIS systems, preferably Paycom.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employee and labor relations practices, laws and regulations.
- Strong business orientation and ability to develop solid working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Superior attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multitask in a highly dynamic, matrix reporting environment while managing multiple workloads to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team-environment and partner to make recommendations to remediate issues
- Strong analytical abilities and demonstrated ability to run reports, and interpret/analyze data outputs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong accounting and technical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment Licenses/Certifications: PHR certification preferred. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 1
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer