Plan and direct manufacturing activities for assigned production shift. Responsible for maintaining production, quality, inventory and safety standards. Manage production employees: assist with scheduling, identify training and coaching needs, conduct performance evaluations and set expectations and goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Plan and schedule manpower and equipment; direct Production Lead in workflow management and team member placement to ensure production timelines are successfully met or exceeded.
- Assist in the establishment of production standards and goals; ensure work cell teams meet or exceed them.
- Monitor appropriate use and safety of equipment; maintain safety standards as required by law and company policy.
- Maintain schedule updates and compile daily production reports.
- Monitor production floor, building, grounds and security needs during assigned shift.
Quality Assurance/Contract Specifications
- Ensure adherence to government contracts and/or job specifications.
- Partner with Quality Assurance department to maintain high quality standards and minimize or eliminate process deviations and non-confirming product; validate conformance to direct set-up, specifications and adjustments of various machines.
- Monitor and hold staff accountable for accurate record-keeping.
- Coordinate with Warehouse staff to ensure work cells are stocked with material and production time is not lost.
- Assist with year-end physical inventory activities.
- Recommend individuals for position movement on assigned shift.
- Recommend and assist with training for new hires or transfers; identify and initiate ongoing training, coaching, and personal development needs for all subordinates.
- Ensure duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct performance evaluations and establish individual employee goals and expectations; provide counseling and recommendations for disciplinary action and/or recognition.
- Submit salary increases and other employee status changes/reclassifications, and request approval for above-standard salary amounts.
- Communicate company/department news, policies and programs to subordinates on a regular basis.
- Responsible for maintaining high employee morale and strong ethical standards.
- Maintains attendance records for employees.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelors degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience required.
Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years previous production/manufacturing environment experience in a supervisory position and/or substantiated progression in leadership roles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Possess a working knowledge of production, production support systems, management and administration of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of people in varying mediums and venues (email, phone, one-on-one, presentations, meetings, etc.).
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate and evaluate staff in meeting goals and objectives, fulfilling individual scope of work and completing work accurately and timely.
- Strong command of company policies and procedures.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 30 - 40
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer