Reporting to the Senior Director Foundation & Mission Services at Envision Wichita and in partnership with the SVP FMS and Executive Director DLB, this position is responsible for continuing to build the development function of the Envision DLB Foundation. This role will follow, carry out and fulfill the policies, procedures, systems and expectations of the overall organizational development strategy. In addition, this position will be the on-site marketing presence for DLB with an indirect reporting structure to the Senior Director of Marketing & Education at Envision Wichita and the Executive Director DLB.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Broaden the base of donors and secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan including individual giving, grant development, direct mail, special events and employee giving.
- Develop and implement grant development plan involving foundations and corporations; manage all reporting
- Develop and implement annual direct mail plan
- Develop and implement Foundation special events
- Develop and implement employee giving program
- Manage donor recognition/appreciation activities and events.
- Participate in the implementation of fundraising software and interface with staff responsible for data entry and gift processing including pledge reminders.
- Build volunteer group, in assistance with the Development Coordinator, to assist in fundraising activities, special events and other Foundation programs and events.
- Implement a planned-giving program as the need becomes appropriate.
- Ensure donor-related communications are timely and promote the fund- and friend- raising goals and activities of the DLB Foundation.
- Oversee efforts for recruitment, development, and performance evaluation of employees.
Marketing & Communications
- Generate a favorable public image for Envision DLB following Envision Wichita procedures in preparing organizational publications for internal and external audiences, responding to requests for information from the media, and establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with representatives of the community, employees and public interest groups.
- Implement internal communication strategies for organizational happenings, events and notifications that impact mission, marketing or brand activities, to include the preparation of emails for key stakeholders and articles for the employee newsletter.
- Perform videography and photography support for local internal and external events to be utilized by the larger marketing team for delivery of communication.
- Execute marketing plans, as designed by the overall marketing function, for the departments within Envision DLB.
- Implement public relations and marketing strategies, as designed by the overall marketing function, to include media forums and community organizations that align with the goals and objectives of Envision.
- Handle PR duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Marketing.
- Actively manage within defined/approved budget parameters and participate in the annual strategic planning process.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelors degree required; Masters degree and/or Certified Fund Raising Executive designation preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years proven experience in fund raising/development. Some experience in a marketing or marketing-related field is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of donor database management systems.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers and the public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 1
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer