JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience: Previous experience working with developmentally disabled individuals, 2-4 years preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word/word processing and Outlook.
- Ability to drive company transportation vehicle.
- Possess interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, consumers served, management and customers.
- Excellent oral and written skills; displays communication that is complimentary to teaching strategies with individuals who have developmental disabilities accompanied by legal and/or total blindness.
- Strong planning and organizational skills necessary to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to work independently with periodic guidance and direction.
- Ability to give guidance and direction during crisis interventions with confidence and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively using sign language is a plus (but not required).
- Maintain excellent background checks and driving records necessary for position.
- Must maintain a current First Aid certification.
- Must maintain a current CPR certification.
- Current drivers license and driving record in good standing required.
- Ability to successfully complete required DOT drivers certification and successfully complete DOT physical and drug screen, per DOT regulations.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job