JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Masters degree in Occupational Therapy required.
Experience: 2 to 4 years previous experience as occupational therapist in clinic or hospital setting required. Experience working with disabled populations preferred.
- Ability to travel within State of Texas to remote locations.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity toward the need for assistive technology and low vision aides for people who are blind of have low vision.
- Possess interpersonal skills necessary to provide close support and consultation to other professionals.
- Ability to demonstrate good patient relations in a positive, motivating manner.
- Must be sensitive to the patients issues and treat all patients with dignity, respect and kindness.
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Current Occupational Therapist (OT) license for state of Texas required.
- Current National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) required.
- Current Certified Low Vision Therapist (CLVT) certified by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP) required.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required.
Total Number of Employees Supervising _0_
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer