The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for leading and developing the Supply Chain across the entire organization, while creating and implementing a vision for continual improvement of procurement processes. Success will be measured on cost to serve, order performance, and working capital performance. Director is responsible for sourcing direct and indirect materials, strategic alliance partnerships, vendor risk management and assessment, supply planning, master production scheduling, distribution, transportation and inventory. Director is responsible for leading an environment that utilizes best practices for inventory planning, control, sourcing, scheduling and supply planning. Additional responsibilities include participating as a key member of the Leadership Team in the development, communication and delivery of the strategic business plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Directs and coordinates the day-to-day and long-term strategic activities of the supply chain team to ensure timely planning and procurement of goods and services to meet business demand.
- Evaluates the internal performance for all aspects of supply chain and drives continuous improvement of supply system operations with effective leadership.
- Develops and implements planning and procurement systems, including policies and procedures that drive a rigorous supplier selection process, supplier development, performance and establishes timely supplier evaluation and feedback to ensure continuous improvement throughout the supply chain.
- Develops and manages all Key Performance Indicators related to supply chain performance.
- Ensures supplier competition is balanced and fair, ensuring the best price, delivery and quality while reducing overall supply chain costs and risks to the organization.
- Conducts at least annual in-person Vendor Summits. Identifies, recommends, and implements key new suppliers. Performs new and existing supplier technical evaluations, conducts ongoing supplier audits, and leads the negotiation/restructuring process of current and future business relationships.
- Prepares and shares reports for Leadership regarding supplier performance, and merchandise costs. Develops metrics for assessing and reporting program and/or commodity progress, productivity and variance analysis.
- Partners with key stakeholders, including Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales and Marketing. Drives continuous improvement to ensure on-time, complete, and compliant deliveries to our customers.
- Ensures suppliers are aligned with technical and commercial requirements by working closely with Engineering, Quality, and Production.
- Ensures supply chain is engaged to support customer orders, creates and/or maintains optimum lead times and inventory levels while anticipating risks and issues in the supply chain.
- Determines material and merchandise cost trends, then formulates and coordinates policies and activities to maintain appropriate margins.
- Prepares and reviews requisitions and purchase orders for direct materials and equipment.
- Analyzes market conditions/trends, geopolitical conditions, and delivery systems to determine present and future material availability, and mitigate risks.
- Understands key production processes to better support the organization.
- Manage TMS provider relationship to ensure adherence to contract and continual cost reduction. Conduct quarterly meetings with TMS to review KPIs.
- Travel required up to 50% splitting time in Dallas, TX and Wichita, KS.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration field required; Masters degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years of Supply Chain experience in a manufacturing environment, with the responsibilities of production, purchasing, inventory, production control, warehouse/shipping and receiving. A minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role required.
- General working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Solid problem-solving skills and excellent management skills.
- Ability to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Very Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications Access, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Proven track record involving complex global supply services.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in attracting and developing talent, and leading cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cost performance and drive improvement.
- Extensive experience in the development, negotiation and implementation of contracts, including the management of large multi-national/global suppliers.
- Experience in developing and utilizing metrics, both internally and externally, to drive performance.
- Institute for Supply Management Certification (C.P.M, C.P.S.M) or ASCM certification (CPIM or CSCP) preferred
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 5
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 1
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer