See all jobs in Wichita KS
Click Here to Apply for this position
Job Location: Wichita, KS
Responsible for providing the orderly processing and payment of all electronic inbound and outbound documents while maintaining associated systems of internal control. Works with Envisions base service centers, vendors, customer service, purchasing, information technology, and accounting staff to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues. Utilizes critical thinking skills and applies principles of continuous improvement to streamline and improve process accuracy. Performs ad hoc special projects and other accounting duties as assigned.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE (List in order of importance)
- Serve as key accounting liaison with Amazon and SPS Commerce.
- Import EDI transactions into Envisions computer systems.
- Review EDI transactions and resolve any discrepancies.
- Identify EDI transactions that cannot be imported, print and manually process them.
- Work with vendors and base service centers; identify shipments and invoices with problems or errors.
- Make corrections to problem transactions through MAS 500, Microsoft AX, OrdersCenter, BigCommerce, Counterpoint, Purchase to Pay, Vantage Point., and True Commerce.
- Issue weekly unvouchered receiver reports to base service centers, follow up and ensure corrections are processed in a timely manner.
- Review MAS500, Microsoft AX, OrdersCenter, BigCommerce, Purchase to Pay, Vantage Point, and True Commerce to ensure that all information agrees across all systems.
- Analyze system, vendor, and customer processes to identify and implement improvements in speed, accuracy and information flow.
- Prepare daily reconciliations to the GL of all EDI-related clearing accounts.
- Review monthly vendor statements, reconcile EDI vendor accounts, resolve discrepancies and take steps to eliminate recurring issues.
- Coordinate continuous OrdersCenter and BigCommerce updates with purchasing, keeping notes as needed on problem resolution and vendor contact.
- Ensure that base service centers have up-to-date notes in OrdersCenter and BigCommerce.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis of EDI activity, including sales, cost of sales, order activity, customer activity and balances, etc.
- Daily invoicing, special government invoicing, analysis and preparation of service invoices, along with associated daily reports.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Review website service revenues and prepare disbursement requests to clients based on sales revenue.
- Support AR activities related to EDI customers.
- Serve as backup for other AP positions.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Associates degree in accounting or related field with four years of payables experience or equivalent practical experience. BS degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum four years of experience with accounting software required; experience with EDI systems in a high-volume environment required.
- General knowledge of accounting policies and practices.
- Knowledge of automated transaction-processing accounting.
- Inquisitive, critical thinker with ability to multitask.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment and maintain a high level of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet design.
- Organizational and communication skills as required to deal directly with senior management, customers, and vendors.
- Experience with Microsoft AX, Counterpoint, and/or Web and EDI software systems desired.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: __0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: __0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer