JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: Bachelors or Masters degree with graduate training in Orientation and Mobility required.
Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of previous experience in orientation and mobility training required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working with all disabled populations.
- Knowledge of or experience in working with low vision aids and appliances.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills necessary to provide close support and consultation.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail; job requires prioritizing tasks and working independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work flexible schedule as necessary, and travel in-state as required for job.
- Current Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist (COMS) certified by the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals (ACVREP) required.
- Current Certified Teacher of Students with Visual Impairment (CVTI) certification preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _0__
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0__
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
___ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer