Responsible for supervising, managing and operating the mail and supply centers assigned. Services include but, are not limited to; overseeing accurate pick-up, receipt, sorting, delivering and placing mail in appropriate mailboxes for customer retrieval of internal mail, United States Postal Service (USPS) mail and other related mail items from commercial couriers and carriers (i.e. Federal Express (FEDEX) United Parcel Service (UPS) and other sources at various locations).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Oversee the team and processes, ensuring that tasks are carried out in a timely manner, and that members of staff are fulfilling their role within the department per the requirements of the mailroom and supply room contracts.
- Receive mails coming into the organization or from the post office per mailroom procedures and requirements.
- Record the date of receipt, name of the sender, and location of the receiver.
- Sort the mails or packages according to locations or departments
- Weigh each mail or package and append the appropriate amount of postage stamp.
- Deliver mails to departments and to individuals within the organization; and collect mails to be sent out from them per mailroom requirements.
- Ensure that mailroom never run short of materials required for posting mails such as postage stamps, envelopes, and markers.
- Maintain a good relationship with courier agencies to ensure that they are readily available when the need for their services arises.
- Answer customers questions related to postage rates, safety and duration of delivery.
- Responsible for procuring materials used by the mailroom.
- Ensure that the mailrooms and supply rooms surroundings are always neat.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality in handling mails.
- Monitor the movement of mails sent outside the organizations.
- Assist in training newly employed mail clerks.
- Maintain security requirements and procedures for all mailroom and supply room employees.
- Resolve any issues that arise and deal with conflicts.
- Negotiate with vendors to make sure that the postage, packing supplies, and other goods used are fully stocked and competitively priced. They keep track of inventory and stock, noting orders that need to be placed to renew items that are running low.
- Ensure that health and safety practices are in place and the work area is kept tidy to avoid accidents.
- Manage the departments budget, making sure that stock and staff expenses remain within the allotted financial plan.
- Float to other mailroom facilities as needed for mailroom and supply room coverage.
- Report daily mailroom activities to proper recipients and Director of Quality, EHS & Support Svcs.
QUALIFICATIONS-JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A Degree in Business or previous management experience a plus.
- Exceptional communication skill is of utmost importance. Should be able to listen attentively to customers/senders to avoid unnecessary errors in posting of mails.
- To be good at counting and recording. Basic math skill is necessary.
- Must be very fast at sorting mails.
- Good organizational skills is required.
- Must be able to meet deadlines with regards to posting or dissemination of mails and packages.
- Must pass drug test and security background checks before employment.
- Proficient knowledge in mailroom equipment, UPS, FedEx, USPS programs and equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a plus.
- Familiar with disability-related issues, services/resources, accommodations a plus
- Requires long hours of standing and lifting potentially heavy parcels
- Oversee the team, ensuring that all tasks are completed to schedule and motivate their team to have a good processes being done in the mailrooms and supply rooms.
- Must have numeracy skills to deal with budgets and negotiating prices.
- Must have skills to use programs that are necessary to label and mark packages correctly, ensuring theyre sent to the correct destination.
- Possess a good work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions and duties as assigned, while working with all DLB employees as a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and even-tempered.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Licenses/Certifications: Must pass and maintain a current background security check and drug testing.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: _6_
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: _0_
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
__ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
__ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer