The Production Supervisor will manage plan and direct manufacturing activities for assigned department (Vinyl, Eye Glass Cases, Paper, Writing, Injection Molding). This position is responsible for maintaining production, quality, inventory and safety standards. Manage production employees: assist with scheduling, identify training and coaching needs, conduct performance evaluations and set expectations and goals. This employees suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other employees will be given particular weight.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Plan and schedule manpower and equipment; direct Production Lead in workflow management and team member placement to ensure production timelines are successfully met or exceeded.
- Assist in the establishment of production standards and goals; ensure work cell teams meet or exceed them.
- Monitor appropriate use and safety of equipment; maintain safety standards as required by law and company policy.
- Maintain schedule updates and compile daily production reports.
- Monitor production floor, building, grounds and security needs during assigned shift.
- Ensure adherence to government contracts and/or job specifications.
- Partner with Quality Assurance department to maintain high quality standards and minimize or eliminate process deviations and non-confirming product; validate conformance to direct set-up, specifications and adjustments of various machines. Adhere to ISO 9001.
- Monitor and hold staff accountable for accurate record-keeping.
- Coordinate with inventory staff to ensure cost center is stocked with material and production time is not lost.
- Assist with year-end physical inventory activities.
- Recommend individuals for position movement on assigned shift.
- Recommend and assist with training for new hires or transfers; identify and initiate ongoing training, coaching, and personal development needs for all subordinates.
- Ensure duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintain compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct performance evaluations and establish individual employee goals and expectations; provide counseling and recommendations for disciplinary action and/or recognition.
- Submit salary increases and other employee status changes/reclassifications, and request approval for above-standard salary amounts.
- Communicate company/department news, policies and programs to subordinates on a regular basis.
- Responsible for maintaining high employee morale and strong ethical standards.
- Maintains attendance records for employees.
- Maintains timekeeping in payroll system.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
- Work under general supervision
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years previous production/manufacturing environment experience in a supervisory position and/or substantiated progression in leadership roles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, most notably Excel, as well as internet usage, business websites and an ERP system (AX preferred)
- Possess a working knowledge of production, production support systems, management and administration of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of people in varying mediums and venues (email, phone, one-on-one, presentations, meetings, etc.).
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to motivate and evaluate staff in meeting goals and objectives, fulfilling individual scope of work and completing work accurately and timely.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal/external groups to achieve business results
- Knowledge of inventory management principles
- Knowledge of bill of material principles
- Knowledge of mathematics
- Working knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Possess a positive work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions
- Ability to work independently with periodic consultation and direction
- Ability to express and share knowledge and ideas in a team environment
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 1-30
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arms reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_X_ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
How to Apply:
Click Here to Apply for this position
Envision, Inc. is an EOE/AA employer