Location To Be Determined
This posting will expire when filled.
SUMMARY: Perform custodial duties required for the successful operation of the building to which assigned. Demonstrate a willingness to cooperate with others and an attitude of respect for cleanliness. Be alert to potential maintenance problems, and report these to the building administrator or head custodian. Be neat and clean in appearance and possess the ability to get along with co-workers, students, staff, and the general public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
1. Maintain floor surfaces.
2. Remove trash and dispose of properly.
3. Clean windows, mirrors, and wall surfaces.
4. Clean light fixtures, return air grills, and supply air grills.
5. Sanitize appropriate areas.
6. Report malfunctioning equipment.
7. Keep fixtures operational (included, but not limited to: filling soap dispensers, replacing toilet paper and paper towels, cleaning and maintaining drains).
8. Set up and move equipment and furnishings as required.
9. Maintain grounds (mowing, trimming, trash pick-up, snow removal) as directed.
10. Inventory custodial supplies and report requirements to supervisor.
11. Oversee alarm systems and control systems.
12. Be responsible for building security as directed.
13. Provide clean-up services after community functions, athletics, or special events as directed.
14. Clean up after emergencies (example: wet floor, sick child, blood spill).
15. Perform minor, routine maintenance as directed (including, but not limited to: changing filters, replacing light bulbs).
16. Exhibit regular and timely attendance.
17. Other duties as assigned and required for the successful operation of Elkhart Community Schools.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma preferred. Prior experience in performing building level custodial-maintenance duties preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, regulations, product usage directions and procedures manuals. Ability to clearly state to others any work requirements.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with simple weights and measures. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to make reasonable decisions within the scope of the responsibilities.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate all custodial cleaning equipment
$12.19 per hour
If you are not currently an employee of the Elkhart Schools and you don`t have a recent application on file with us, please complete an application through our online application process.
If you have an application on file that`s less than one year old, simply complete the Position Request Form below to request that you be added to the list of candidates. (We will use your existing application if it is less than one year old.)
Position Request Form
If you are a current ECS employee and are interested in this job, you should file a request for transfer or promotion form as soon as possible. It is recommended that you provide supporting documentation, such as a current resume, letters of recommendation, list of references and a cover letter to the personnel department.
Request for Transfer/Promotion Form (Current ECS Employees Only)
ELKHART COMMUNITY SCHOOLS - AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
The Elkhart Community Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion, handicap, age, national origin, or disability.
How To Apply:
Elkhart Community Schools