Dixon is looking for a Help Desk Intern to join out I.T. team in Chestertown, MD! This person will complete help desk tasks such as answering phones, password resets, setting up computers, and providing technical support on hardware and software issues. The position is responsible for utilizing an ITSM ticketing system to properly plan, install, document, schedule and ensure the integrity of all Windows based endpoints and local peripherals. Ideal candidates should have a desire to learn and adapt, a passion for helping others, possess a positive attitude, and enjoy working with a team.
- Acts as initial contact for all technical support required for computer workstation software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems.
- Duties include answering the help desk phone, effectively researching issues to find the root issue, first level corrective action, problem escalation to second level when necessary, and properly document each incident with detail.
- Create incident tickets to document issues and route tickets to appropriate support group for processing.
- Provide onsite and remote Level 1 & 2 support / troubleshooting of desktop and laptop hardware / software issues.
- Coordinate support team escalations and alert communications.
- You will be expected to assist the team with performing installs, password resets, upgrades, moves, and changes for computer hardware, software, and printers.
- Responsible for the imaging and deployment of computer systems, configures, develops, and installs bundled software packages.
- Review user based order requests and specifications; provides feedback with recommendations and price quotes as required.
- Advise, train, and assist users on optimum use of equipment and follows technical standards.
- Follows all Privacy and Compliance regulatory requirements and implements proper security controls on endpoints.
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Basic computer, printer, and operating system knowledge
- Experience with helpdesk software preferred such as Solarwinds and Samanage
- Strong computer service and customer relationship skills
- Communication Proficiency through email, phone, and on paper with internal team
- Time Management
- Willingness to develop professionally
- Inspired to perform well and earn the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. The employee may be expected to lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory
The Dixon Group is committed to protecting the privacy rights of its employees and job applicants to the fullest extent required by applicable law. To that end, personal information will be collected solely for those legitimate business purposes recognized by law, and then maintained in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to document retention requirements. The Dixon Group does not sell personal information to third parties, and does not share such personal information with third parties except when authorized by law to do so (e.g., in response to a lawful subpoena; mandatory tax reporting; etc.)
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
High School or better.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology.
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
The Dixon Group
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.