Dixon is looking for a BI Data Analyst Lead to join our team in Chestertown, on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Dixon is looking for a BI Data Analyst Lead to join our team in Chestertown, on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. The Business Intelligence Lead will design data sources and utilize T-sql to write complex queries to deliver comprehensive data from multiple sources. Leverage SSRS and Tableau reporting to modify, design and develop a comprehensive portfolio of reports that support business operations. As a mentor to the BI team, the lead will provide support and guidance on best practices and possible approaches to interpreting data, designing data sources and reports, and presenting information to facilitate informed business decisions. Bachelor`s degree in Data Analytics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Information Systems, Business or Economics or related technical field required; 5-10 years of experience in a Data or Business Analytics role preferred.
- Utilize SSMS and T-sql to develop complex queries and data sources to deliver comprehensive data sets from multiple sources.
- Provide guidance on reporting/analysis best practices and selecting data solutions
- Help conduct data analysis to support business decisions
- Effectively communicate to present information to users and guide business decisions
- Utilize tools such as Access, Excel, Tableau, SQL Queries, Cognos, Business Intelligence, and SSRS to develop reports and analyze data
- Provide general and technical support to team members
- Conduct code and report reviews for team members
- Conduct data verification/validation activities for team members
- Develop technical documentation
- Strong T-Sql Skills and experience in developing complex queries and data sources to deliver comprehensive data sets from multiple sources
- Highly skilled in programs such as Excel, Access, SSMS (to develop SQL queries), Tableau/Power BI (or similar), SSRS/Crystal Reports (or similar)
- Familiarity with TFS (or similar) and Visual Studio
- Familiarity with database design, ETL, and data warehousing concepts
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude, strong sense of professionalism and work ethic
- Customer service oriented with ability to support at all levels and collaborate to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Familiarity with manufacturing and/or distribution processes preferred
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelors or better in Applied Mathematics.
Bachelors or better in Business Economics.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology.
Bachelors or better in Mathematics.
5-10 years: Data or business analytics
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.