Dixon Specialty Products is looking for a Mechanical Engineering Manager to join our team in Chestertown, MD! In this role you will plan, organize, and direct engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development, and improvement of existing product lines. You will oversee engineering and process related functions. Serve as a contact for customers with technical issues related to projects and parts. Develop, document, and improve manufacturing deviations, troubleshoot, and recommend corrective actions. A Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and 10 years of experience required. Dixon offers a competitive salary, 401(k), health benefits, vacation, paid time off and much more!
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of current status of each project.
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Directs appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization.
- Provides technical customer support.
- Responsible for maintaining models and drawings.
- Provides technical support to purchasing and vendors.
- Establishes acceptable performance and quality specifications for products.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including castings, CNC Machining, and 3D printing.
- Knowledge of metal material properties.
- Ability to understand and follow processes
- Organized and self-starting with strong project management skills.
- Experience with SolidWorks, CAD, and Smartsheet
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency in a wide variety of systems, including ERP systems.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation.
- Ability to lead others, coach and mentor support team for professional growth and development.
- Must have proven troubleshooting, process improvement capabilities and excellent project management skills.
- Strong desire to be on the shop floor.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering.
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.