Dixon Quick Coupling is looking for an Automation Engineer to join our team in Dallas, NC! The Automation Engineer will be responsible for the design and implementation of automation technology and solutions. They will support and improve manufacturing and assembly operations through the implementation of automation, 3D printing, and PLC programming and troubleshooting. A Bachelor`s degree in engineering is required. Make the right connection for your career with Dixon!
- Assess safety requirements and ensure that these are integrated into equipment throughout the operation
- Drive improved product quality by developing solutions to manufacturing issues and overseeing successful implementation
- Analyze production and process steps to establish sequence of operations and most efficient methods
- Define requirements for manufacturing process automation and develop specifications for automation hardware, operating procedures, acceptance and validation test plans and protocol
- Create proposals and plans for future automation improvement initiatives
- Project planning and tracking for complex projects and new product/process launches
- Work with suppliers and manage the program to meet the goals and timeline
- Design, develop, upgrade, troubleshoot, and debug automated processes, process hardware,
mechanical and hardware components and sub-systems
- Participate in and/or lead initiatives that contribute to improved safety, quality, efficiency and/or
reduced operating costs
- Develop, train, and deploy process operating instructions and best practices
- Capable of working under minimal supervision and directing activities of technical and other associates as necessary
- Ability to work in a team-based culture, interacting and effectively communicating with Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, in addition to Suppliers and Customers
- Must be highly motivated with good organizational and analytical/technical problem-solving skills
- Understanding of PLC (programmable logic control) systems
- Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Work, PowerPoint) and CAD experience a plus
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Engineering.
1-3 years: Automation Engineering
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.