Buck Company is looking for an Engineering Technician to join our team in Quarryville, PA! This person will provide a variety of technical support services to the engineering team including coordination of modeling and model verification, simulation (analysis), tooling repairs and accurate data gathering. Knowledge of foundry and foundry processes is required.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely updating of process sheets, work instructions, and BOMs at designated work sites based on response to ECRs
- Conduct R&D on processes for continuous improvement, including operation of equipment and tools to assess and problem solve
- Assure all tool and equipment changes are documented on appropriate quality control and drawing and/or process instruction revisions prior to inclusion in manufacturing
- Modify tool designs according to trial or production data to improve tool life or performance
- Draw preliminary sketches and prepare layout and detail drawings
- Ensure that adequate data is compiled and used to fullest advantage to improve processes
- Gather data and SPC information on various jobs, as needed
- Help others understand the need for change; practice listening skills and use feedback to improve work process and respond to production line needs
- Perform any and all other job related tasks as assigned
- Ability to understand tooling designs that are operational, functional, and meet the quality goals and customer`s specifications.
- Ability to problem solve including strong interpersonal skills in working with employees
- Technical writing and blueprint reading skills are preferred
- Proficiency in the use of electronic equipment (camera, PCs, control panels, thermocouples) is preferred
- Ability to be a team player
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
Associates or better in Engineering.
Knowledge of foundry and foundry processes
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.