Dixon is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our Distribution team in Chestertown, MD! This person will conduct preventative and routine maintenance, as well as coordinate with vendors for repair of key building systems, including PLC, electrical, and mechanical systems. Ability to troubleshoot/repair simple and moderately complex systems in the building and general maintenance knowledge is preferred.
At Dixon, we value the contributions of our Military Veterans & proudly employ our nations heroes. Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Make the Right Connection with Dixon!
- Coordinate with vendors for the repair of key building systems
- Troubleshoot and repair day to day system issues including emergency/unscheduled repairs
- Perform TPM service according to maintenance manual or GMP standards while keeping production running
- Maintain positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources with a commitment to teamwork and customer service
- Assist in training new associates on equipment and process improvement activities
- Other duties as needed
- General and routine maintenance skills including understanding and utilizing TPM systems
- Effective problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Proficiency in the utilization of common repair tools and techniques
- Ability to coordinate projects
- General pneumatic, electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Understanding of PLC (programmable logic control)
- Basic schematic reading
- Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment and respond promptly to needs
- Demonstrate self-motivation, drive and initiative
- Comfortable working at heights from a lift or ladder
- Safety-Oriented individual
- Willingness to work long hours as needed to complete tasks
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
Previous experience performing general and preventative maintenance
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.