Hydrasearch is looking for an Assembler/Shop Help to join its team in Stevensville on Maryland`s beautiful eastern shore. As an assembler you will work with metal fittings, valves, and hose assemblies. You will be working in an innovative shop environment where daily tasks vary and cross-training is essential. Attention to detail and pride of workmanship will be integral parts of your position as a member of our team. This is a great opportunity to join a global manufacturer committed to employee training and development where our employees have the opportunity to work in an environment committed to product innovation and efficiency. Hydrasearch also offers a competitive salary, 401(k), health benefits, vacation, paid time off and much more.
- To perform all duties outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures governing the Manufacturing Department
- Follow shop orders and prints. Assemble all company product lines, including hoses, valves and couplings
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners
- Grinding rudders and other hardware as necessary for secondary machining operations
- Working with bead blast equipment to assure finished good quality objectives
- Operate power tools and machinery
- Examples include hand drills/grinders, drill presses, hydraulic presses, and others to assist in assembly operation
- Mark parts as directed with pin stampers, laser marking, etc
- Transport raw materials and finished goods using hand trucks, dollies and shop carts
- Consistently complete job paperwork/log activity in Computer
- Accurately maintain part count and traceability
- On the job training required to achieve cross training needs of department
- Must be able to communicate well with others; ask questions, listen
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Take pride in one`s workmanship
- Once proficient, work with minimal instructions
- Ability to do basic math including: computing ratios and percentages as well as interpreting bar graphs
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds over the course of a shift
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.