Hydrasearch is looking for a Senior Mechanical Assembler to join its team in Stevensville on Maryland`s beautiful eastern shore. In this role you will work with metal fittings, valves, and hose assemblies. The daily tasks vary with plenty of cross training and on the Job Training with our full time Shop Trainer working alongside you to meet our quality and production standards. Attention to detail and pride of workmanship will be characteristics of our ideal candidate. This person must have 5+ years of prior assembly work. Experience working with hand tools, reading drawings and blue prints a plus. Working with any finishing processes a plus. This is a great opportunity to join a global manufacturer committed to employee training and development where our employees work in an environment committed to safety, product innovation and process efficiency. Hydrasearch offers a competitive salary, 401(k), health benefits, vacation, paid time off and much more.
- Perform all duties outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures governing the Assembly department
- Follow shop orders and prints
- Assemble all company product lines; including hoses, valves and couplings.
- Fasten parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners
- Remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts
- Operate power tools and machinery. Examples include hand drills/grinders, drill presses, hydraulic presses, laser markers, sand blasting equipment, torque wrenches and others to assist in assembly operation
- Consistently complete job paperwork/log activity in Computer
- Accurately maintain part count and traceability
- Communicate with co-workers and supervisors in a healthy and respectful manner
- Must be able to communicate well with others; ask questions, listen
- Be willing to learn new skill
- Take pride in ones workmanship
- Work with minimal instructions once proficient
- Ability to do basic math including: computing ratios and percentages as well as interpreting bar graphs
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds over the course of a shift
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.