We are looking for a Applications Developer / Programmer to join our I.T. team in Chestertown, MD!
The Programmer will be responsible for working as part of a team to develop, enhance, modify, test, deploy and maintain moderate to highly complex application solutions in direct support of business operations. The programmer will collaborate with team members to develop application specifications from functional requirements in accordance with programming standards and system design specifications.
- Collaborate with team members to develop application specifications from functional requirements
- Execute application coding, testing, integration, debugging and maintenance.
- Perform application conversions and upgrades to programming language.
- Additional responsibilities include problem analysis and bug fixing, system enhancements and supporting solution development activities related to improving business processes.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server. Experience / Knowledge working with relational databases and source control (IE: Microsoft TFS)
- Familiarity with Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DHCP) and Active Directory/user permissions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
Prior experience programming in Visual Basic, Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Server
Experience coding with manufacturing ERP business system and inventory control background
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.