Dixon is looking for an Automation Project Manager to join our Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team in Chestertown, MD! This person will manage key automation projects such as machine integration and custom machine builds. Responsibilities include the coordination and completion of automation projects on time, within budget, and within scope. Oversee all aspects of automation projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize the progress of the project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding the status of the project. Work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. They will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible. They will know the field`s concepts, practices, and procedures. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Review projects with management to ensure functionality, timing, and cost objectives are being met.
- Oversees integration and installation of automated cells.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Ability to program Siemens PLC and HMI
- Ability to program and operate Fanuc robots
- Experience managing projects
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Bachelors or better.
3-5 years: Systems or Control Engineer
8 years: Performing custom machine and robotics integration
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.