Dixon Fire is looking for a Machine Operator to join our manufacturing team in Winchester, VA. The Machine Operator will operate computer numerical controlled (CNC) mills and lathes to produce precision metal components, inspect products to drawing specifications, recognize machining issues and make mechanical or offsetting adjustments as needed. Previous CNC experience is preferred. If you have mechanical aptitude and are looking for a career, this could be the opportunity for you!
- Set up and run CNC machines
- Trouble shoot programming issues
- Learn about Dixon products
- Be a team player
- Willingness to learn new things
- Work safely around equipment and co-workers
- Daily Maintenance activities
- Flexibility with rotating assignments
- Work as part of a team and participate in training
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read blue prints and mechanical drawings
- Ability to read measuring tools such as calipers and micrometers
- Ability to use basic shop mathematics
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 70 lbs. over the course of a shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
High School or better.
3 years: Previous CNC machining experience
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.