Hydrasearch is looking for a production supervisor to join our team in Stevensville, MD! With demand escalating, we need to add a 2nd or 3rd shift. Our customers include various branches of our military as well as other government militaries. Hydrasearch is looking for a person to supervise the shift`s activities. You will operate from a narrow scope of responsibility to maintain production schedules & ensure quality standards are met, work with the Ops Manager to plan work, make assignments, & train new employees. As the supervisor you will administer the organization`s policies for assigned departments. CNC experience as well as G code programming is required. This is a great opportunity to join a company committed to manufacturing in the U.S., employee training & development.
- Conduct Cell meeting with Team Leaders
- Work with Continuous Improvement Manager to coordinate and implement improvement activities
- Perform Supervisory Functions for the Cell by learning and adhering to the QMS (quality management system)
- Coach and audit leaders and operators
- Gather and summarize performance data
- Perform employee performance reviews
- Promote, follow, and help establish standard work
- Must be willing to work 2nd or 3rd shift
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent attitude and leadership ability
- CNC and machining knowledge required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an efficient manner
- Ability to train new or inexperienced operators to operate machines and produce finished goods
- Supervises 3-6 employees
- Ability to work with multiple production schedules and adjust work processes and resources to meet demand
- Ability to operate and complete production assignments to increase resources to meet demand
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, processes and procedures, experience with precision measurement methods and systems
- Ability to work with tight tolerances
- Inspect machined work pieces to verify conformance to specifications
- Accurately complete all "in process" and monitor employee job cost reporting
- Fully understand all department personnel functions and responsibilities
- Must communicate well, written and verbally
- Experience with ISO9001 quality systems preferred
- Life and/or move up to thirty pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Maintains cleanliness of work station and surrounding area
Associates or better.
Hands on experience with manufacturing equipment
Hands on experience with CNC mills and lathes
Understands, interprets and edits G-code programming
3 years: CNC Manufacturing Supervisor
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.