The Buck Company, LLC is looking for a Metallurgist to join its team in Quarryville, PA. This person will provide
metallurgical and related technical support to the organization. Develop methods with the launch of new products to improve foundry processes and product quality. Direct research projects to reduce scrap and improve cost per unit. Conduct test, investigations in problem areas, train, test and certify others in metallurgical processes. At a member of the Buck team, you will receive competitive salary, paid vacation, 401(k) plan, health benefits, tuition reimbursement and much more.
JOB DUTIES: Manage the metallurgical test function for the operation. Plan testing, evaluate test results and investigate test failures. This person will also train, evaluate qualifications of test lab personnel to run equipment, prepare the necessary work instructions related to the test lab operation. Conduct testing to investigate the cause of the problem, determine alternatives to improve existing casting processes. Assist with research on scrap and cost reduction; assist in launching new jobs. Develop melting and heat-treating process to obtain desired characteristics such as strength, ductility and hardness. Coordinate and conduct specialized training in metallurgical related subjects. Establish and refine the melt practices for the operation. Perform other job-related task as assigned.
- Work independently in a self-directed mode
- Must know and readily understand cast alloys and understand micro-structure of castings
- Knowledge of sand processing and heat treatment
- Must have the ability to analyze data, communicate both verbally and in written formats
- Manage a variety of tasks at one time
- Must have the ability to interact with internal and external contacts in a positive and professional manner
- Must keep up-to-date with field and improving technology
- Fluency in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Skills relating to motivating employees in a union shop are desirable
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated, and be able to work independently
- Understanding of and experience in team relationships
- Probability and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective organizational skills
- Strong management skills
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- BS Degree in Metallurgy or related Engineering discipline (preferred)
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in spectrometer use and a minimum of five years related metallurgical work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Specific knowledge desired in: casting, metals industry, manufacturing supervision, production and inventory control, quality systems and cost control.
- Desired experience in: ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy
- Industry experience needed
- Exceptional understanding of plant equipment and production process.
- Knowledge of Metal and casting utilizing green sand methods (preferred)
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Licenses & Certifications
HOW TO APPLY:
Dixon Valve & Coupling Company
Click Here to visit us on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Dixon is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Dixon about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Dixon via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Dixon. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Dixon as a result of the referral or through other means.